the time has come to give you a first taste from our forthcoming new album “Impossible Orbits”!
The CD and cassette versions will be released in June, courtesy of Selfmadegod Records. The digital version will be available exclusively via our Bandcamp page. The artwork has been designed by comrades Viral Graphics.
A vinyl version will also be produced (of corpse!) but will follow later.
So, ladies and gentlemen without further ado, “Rational Reappraisal”! Spread the word!
You can now order our new T-shirt sporting Viral Graphics’ Dagger design from “Ravenous Solemnity” inner gatefold sleeve!
It’s printed on Fruit of the Loom Heavy Cotton HD shirts, black ink on white shirt. This high quality print has been done in the U.S.A. by Nightgaunt Graphics and it’s available on all sizes.
“Ravenous Solemnity” 2xLP/digital out on 10/2/14, exclusively streaming @ Invisible Oranges. Preorder now!
The album will be released next Monday (10th of Feb.) via 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc. as a double gatefold LP pressed on 180g heavy wax. It will be also available as a digital download from our Bandcamp site for a reasonable fee, also including as a bonus track our cover to DISCHARGE’s “The Blood Runs Red” (as appeared in “DISCHARGE Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing: The CVLT Nation Sessions”).
You can pre-order using one of the following options:
- via our Bandcamp site (physical+digital): slightly more expensive but includes an instant lossless download to be redeemed next Monday upon release (and in the meantime you will have download access to album teaser “There Is A Color”).
- from the Dephosphorus/Blastbeat Mailmurder paypal store (physical, includes download code): only the physical version, provides registered shipping options, slightly cheaper but doesn’t include an instant download. A download code is provided within the record though, so you will be able to redeem it upon reception of the physical item.
- by dropping us an email at bodybag666 [at] gmail.com (Greek residents should use that option for cheaper postage rates).
- from our labels 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc. Our North American friends should (pre-) order from Handshake Inc. who will provide for the first time proper distribution in the continent.
The wax specifications:
- 180-gram vinyl pressed at 45 R.P.M.
- Sturdy gatefold cover printed on reverse board 3000gsm paper, black inner sleeves.
- Comes in protective plastic overbag.
- Includes download code.
Please find below the press release.
Bundling all things extreme and heavy into a unique, coherent music style known as astrogrind, and endorsing a cosmic, mind expanding concept with the associated aesthetics, Dephosphorus are a creative force on the edge of the contemporary music scene.
Maintaining since 2011 and the now classic “Axiom” mini-LP high standards and a consistent discographic presence, they have been graced with the enthusiastic support of a cult following comprised of eclectic music lovers from all over the globe.
“Ravenous Solemnity”, the 2nd full-length album succeeding to 2012’s critically and fan acclaimed “Night Sky Transform”, marks a milestone for the band. The addition behind the drum kit of John Votsis, one the most talented and dedicated musicians of the local Greek scene, has been instrumental in making of this dense, 43-minute-long odyssey Dephosphorus’ most intense and majestic effort to date.
Illustrated once again with stunning artwork by analog visionaries and friends Viral Graphics, packaged as a glorious gatefold double LP pressed on 180g heavy wax by the good care of the band’s allies and vinyl specialists 7 Degrees Records in cooperation with Handshake Inc., the latter providing for the first time North American distribution for the band, “Ravenous Solemnity” is destined to be a classic gem in any extreme audiophile’s record collection. A digital version is available for a reasonable fee from the band’s Bandcamp page, while a cassette and possibly a CD edition will follow at some point.
With Dephosphorus’ personnel being split between Greece and Sweden, the band is still not planning any live shows but it remains more dedicated than ever in challenging themselves and the underground audience. A collaborative split-LP effort with excellent Finnish comrades Haapoja approaches completion and will be released later this year.
- 2011: “Axiom” mini-LP @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2012: split-7”EP with WAKE (CA) @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2012: split-7”EP with GREAT FALLS (US) @ Hell Comes Home
- 2012: “Night Sky Transform” LP @ 7 Degrees Records
- 2013: V/A “Monomaniac vol.2/3” @ Blastbeat Mailmurder è contributed exclusive track “Unknown To Thee”
- 2014: V/A “The CVLT Nation Sessions: DISCHARGE’s seminal album Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing” è contributed “The Blood Runs Red”
- 2014: “Ravenous Solemnity” 2xLP @ 7 Degrees Records/Handshake Inc.
February 7, 2014 | Categories: ravenous solemnity | Tags: 180g wax, 7 degrees records, astrogrind, black metal, crust, death metal, grind, handshake inc, hardcore, ravenous solemnity, viral graphics | Leave a comment
Cvlt Nation is streaming one track from each side of the Dephosphorus/Wake split-7″!
Our split-7″EP with Wake has just been released at 7 Degrees Records and it also includes a download-code!
You will also be able within the next few days to stream a couple of tracks from the release so stay tuned.
Both bands have received wide praise in 2011 for their refreshing and relentless debuts… Wake with “Leeches” have demonstrated an uncanny ability in delivering ferocious grinding hardcore, with monumental songwriting and crucial no- nonsensical lyrical topics. This time they recorded with Colin Marston (Krallice, Gorguts, Dhysrythmia…) at his Menegroth- The Thousand Caves studio in NY.
Dephosphorus on the other hand, caught everybody by surprise with “Axiom”’s astrogrind, an unheard combination of all things extreme and heavy with a mind expanding cosmic concept and awe inspiring aesthetics.
Both faces of the wax are symmetrical with each band contributing 3 short, furious tracks. The challenging task of combining into a single coherent vision Wake’s sociopolitical rage with Dephosphorus’ allegorical stellar realm, has been assigned to renowned visual craftsmen Viral Graphics, for a result that is nothing short of breathtaking. The poster- insert is expanding appropriately the mayhem of the cover artwork.
With the help of DIYload 7Degrees provides download-codes with the vinyl.
Side I: Dephosphorus
2. The Final Computronium
3. The Cosmologist
Side II: Wake
1. Society Of The Gun
3. Veil Of Odin
7 Degrees Records – 7DR013
Both bands have received wide praise in 2011 for their refreshing and relentless debuts… WAKE with “Leeches” have demonstrated an uncanny ability in delivering ferocious grinding hardcore, with monumental songwriting and crucial no-nonsensical lyrical topics. DEPHOSPHORUS on the other hand, caught everybody by surprise with “Axiom”’s astrogrind, an unheard combination of all things extreme and heavy with a mind expanding cosmic concept and awe inspiring aesthetics.
Both faces of the wax will be symmetrical with each band contributing 3 short, furious tracks. The challenging task of combining into a single coherent vision Wake’s sociopolitical rage with Dephosphorus’ allegorical stellar realm, has been assigned to renowned visual craftsmen Viral Graphics, for a result that is nothing short of breathtaking. The poster-insert is expanding appropriately the mayhem of the cover artwork.
Watch out for teaser tracks from both bands as the release will approach!
Side I: DEPHOSPHORUS
- The Final Computronium
- The Cosmologist
Side II: WAKE
- Society Of The Gun
- Veil Of Odin