update#6: @ Cvlt Nation
(…) Ravenous Solemnity is their third LP and indeed the longest to date. At this time the Greek three-piece have a virtually unshakable foundation weaved into their sound which allows them to reveal more of what their capable of, in longer form, with great confidence that what they take the time to cull and reap in their celestial navigation is devastating. (…)
update#5: @ Lastrites
(…) This is definitely a more cerebral affair than an average death/black/grind fan will be able to tolerate. Tracks often only take shape in the twilight of the running time, only to suddenly end without notice (the title track being a notable example). The lyrics are often obtuse or conceptually indecipherable. There are reliable elements of genres scattered about, but Dephosphorus is pretty keen to let listeners sort that out on their own as they explore the spaces they’ve crafted. It ends up being more than interesting and deserving of the curious ear. Straight-laced types should probably look elsewhere.
update#4: @ Meat Mead Metal
(…) Dephosphorus sure make outer space and grinding through the cosmos a pretty damn good time, and they certainly seem like a band that is capable of just about anything. They do so many things so well, and they always figure out a way to make all of those volatile parts work together. “Ravenous Solemnity” is a mind-blower of a record that proves this band fears no borders or lands unexplored, and once they get there and plant their flag in those regions, they are going to dominate everything.
update#3: @ rocking.gr
(…) Πιο μεγάλο, πιο τεχνικό, πιο χαοτικό και πιο μεγαλοπρεπές από οτιδήποτε έχουν κάνει οι Dephosphorus μέχρι σήμερα, το “Ravenous Solemnity” είναι ένα μνημείο που θα το θυμόμαστε για χρόνια. (…)
update#2: @Krach und so …
update#1: @ The Elementary Revolt
(…) I must admit that has exceeded highest expectations, I am completely blown away. They manage to carry even further and majestically their sound, pushing boundaries with a urgent sense of unpredictability. (…)
(…) You just feel the brainstem-level jolt. It’s smart material deployed to caveman ends. (…)
(…) Despite its near-colossal length though, Ravenous Solemnity is a mind-bending experiment in the strange and maddening depths of forward-thinking extreme metal fusion. (…)
(…) Τα φωνητικά έχουν αλλάξει. Αυτό προσέχεις με τη μία. Η ευθύτητα αυξάνει κατακόρυφα. Χτυπάει στομάχι καλύτερα έτσι. Ενοχλεί. Η φάση με δαύτους ήταν ότι, παρότι οι κιθάρες ζύγιζαν και ζυγίζουν περί τα διακόσια κιλά, δεν καταλάβαινα ποτέ metal στον ήχο τους. Πάντα μου τα ‘σκαγε ωμή ειλικρίνεια. Έτσι κι εδώ. Μόνο που έχει παίξει τρελή εξέλιξη αυτή τη φορά. Ρε, μιλάμε για μνημειώδες έργο που δε χορταίνω ν΄ ακούω. Σημαντικό. Και σε φάση, ακούω indie ρε. Μέχρι Crust, D-Beat στη χειρότερη. Εντάξει, βρίσκονται τα τελευταία δύο είδη στο πόνημα. Σε γερές δόσεις. (…)
“Ravenous Solemnity” is out now including our most intense and majestic material to date. Thanks for helping us spread the word!
Those who preordered via BC will receive automagically a download link for the digital version. Physical pre-orders will be shipped this week.
You can order using one of the following options:
- via our Bandcamp site (physical+digital): slightly more expensive but includes an instant lossless download.
- from the Dephosphorus/Blastbeat Mailmurder paypal store (physical, includes download code): only the physical version, provides registered shipping options, slightly cheaper but doesn’t include an instant download. A download code is provided within the record though, so you will be able to redeem it upon reception of the physical item.
- by dropping us an email at bodybag666 [at] gmail.com (Greek residents should use that option for cheaper postage rates).
- from our labels 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc. Our North American friends should order from Handshake Inc. who will provide for the first time proper distribution in the continent. Please notice that if you order the LP from their Bandcamp pages (here and here) you will also take advantage of an instant lossless download.
“There Is A Color”, an excerpt of our 2nd full-length album “Ravenous Solemnity” due out in late January 2014 by 7 Degrees Records and Handshake Inc, is downloadable right now as part of Invisible Oranges’ Handshake Inc./Alternative Tentacles/Mutants Of The Monster Sampler. The sampler also includes a brand new track from label mates Gridlink, as well as other great bands such as Wake, Total Fucking Destruction, Rwake, etc.
There is a color,
There is a sea unsailed.
There is a sky,
awaiting to explode.
There is an essence,
There is a soil untrod.
There is a sound,
A function unthought of.
There is a Void,
A Vacuum Invisible.
There is a color,
A chasm unexplored.
There is a colour,
- guitars/bass: Thanos Mantas, vocals: Panos Agoros, drums: John Votsis
- music by Thanos Mantas
- lyrics by Tolis Yovanitis